Georgia to Sakartvelo

Amy's Adventures in the Peace Corps. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Birthday/Wedding weekend of forcefeeding

So last weekend was my birthday and I had some volunteers over for cake (torti) and tons of food. it was good. the wedding the next day was more interesting...one of my host cousins got married in Batumi so they wanted me to go of course because I should be getting married soon and need to take notes. Weddings are pretty similar to those in the US except for a few minor details..the pig head at the tamada's table. (the tamada is the guy that does all the toasting all night) My host cousin ended up taking it home with her in her purse just for kicks. I was kinda creeped out and she says, dont' worry amy, it's dead! But lots of Georgian dancing..drunk men (but not women cause they're not allowed to drink) and georgian singing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home