Georgia to Sakartvelo

Amy's Adventures in the Peace Corps. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Amy in Ajara

In the past week I we received the announcements for our new sites, and went to visit our new families. So for the next two years I will be in the village of Alambari in the region on Ajara in the West. I am about 10 min from the beachtown of Kobuleti and I live on the side of a mountain! Kobuleti is also about 20 min north of the city of Batumi which is a big tourist attraction. Don't know how it happened but I realllllly lucked out. I basically live in a tropical paradise where the mountains meet the ocean...and it only gets down to the mid thirties in the winter. There is a river in my backyard where we all went swimming...the houses are old and gorgeous with vines growing everywhere. They have a huge extended family and spend basically every minute of the day together....."alone time" does not exist in Georgian culture. Everything is so green...there are palm trees everywhere and my family has this garden behind their house on the mounain that goes down in steps, kinda Machu Picchu style...we eat everything from the garden. They don't have animals which is good in my opinion cause i'm sick of the cows and chickens waking me up at the crack of dawn every morning now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home