Georgia to Sakartvelo

Amy's Adventures in the Peace Corps. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Finally here

Gamarjoba!~ (hello) I am living in a small town outside of Gori (the birthplace of Stalin) called Karaleti. The food is amazing and my family is extremely nice and hospitable. Seriously, this is some intense hospitality. Yesterday I went with 3 volunteers on a walk and ended up at 4 peoples houses eating and eating and eating and eating. Chame Chame Chame! Eat Eat Eat!!Deda (mother) and mama (father), grandmother Lena, sisters Lela (17), Lena (19), and brother Archil (15). They grow most of their own food and have cows, chickens, rabbits, pigs and a dog! There are vines and flowers covering the house. It is very quaint...everyone knows each other and I feel very safe. Last night I played badmitton with the neighborhood kids. Iza and Lela speak English very well so it is easy to communicate.
Hotmail isnt' working at this internet cafe and we don't have much time so i'm sorry if I cannot email anyone.
Our layover was in Vienna, it was so awsome! I walked around for 10 hours with a pack on my back looking like a huge American tourist...
Ok time to go get a rabies shot.
Miss everyone, I will try to access hotmail soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home