Georgia to Sakartvelo

Amy's Adventures in the Peace Corps. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Go to a Happy Place!

This post is dedicated to Georgian driving....We have been taught to be culturally sensitive at all times, not to generalize. But, I feel that this is a fact...GEORGIANS CANT DRIVE. I fear for my life everytime I get into one of these little minivan type buses, "Marshukas," which are the type of public transportation everyone uses. There is no such thing as stopping for pedestrians, at stop signs or traffic lights. The other day my marshuka driver honked at an old lady crossing the street..he didn't slow down for her and barely missed her. People habitually pass three of four cars at a time narrowly avoiding head on collisions on mountain roads. The only reason a car will go under 50 on a small village dirt road is if the car is not capable...and on a paved road I just curl up in the back and think happy thoughts. As many of you know, I was a bad driver before I left the country so its gonna be scary when I get back :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home