Georgia to Sakartvelo

Amy's Adventures in the Peace Corps. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Alambari's "Prom"

My host sister and her best friend.
Host mom and I


Preparations in the school gym

So the differences between American proms and Georgian "Last Bells" are actually very few...except for the extravagance of American proms. The georgian prom is a family affair, but there is alcohol allowed so I guess they cancel each other out. Kids in America would die of embarrassment if their parents came and danced with their friends! The electricity went out so we had to leave early (Darn, I really wanted to dance the night away to russian pop with a bunch of 17 year olds (ok, I kinda did :/) .




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home